It’s been a few months since Jamie and Jon’s wedding and I am so excited to share their photos from the incredibly talented Krystal Kast. They chose to host their wedding at The Pavillions at the Angus Barn which was a stunning location for their big day. Jamie incorporated many DIY decor details that turned out beautifully and even surprised Jon with a cigar bar at the reception. During the entire wedding you could feel the warmth and love from all their guests. Jamie’s dad had everyone laughing from the very beginning with his toast and the dance floor was packed until the very end of the evening!
Jamie and Jon, thank you for being such fun and amazing clients. We had so much fun sharing in your day with your family and friends and we wish you all the happiness in the years to come!
Planning: Manor Court Events // Venue: The Pavillions at the Angus Barn // Photographer: Krystal Kast // Videographer: Big Dog Little Bed // Florals: Tre Bella // Band: Emerald Empire Band // Cake: Cakes by Chloe // Hair & Makeup: The Cottage // Rentals: CE Rentals // Transportation: Green Way Transportation // Cigar Bar: Bull City Cigar Company
I cannot believe we are already in 2016! This time of year is filled with so much optimism and fresh perspectives, I love that it’s easy to look out on the year ahead and plan for what you want to achieve. Last year, I set of number of goals but never actually wrote about them on the blog, some of them I achieved others I did not. I hope by putting them out in the blogosphere it will help keep me on track and accountable.
Here we go, 2016 Resolutions:
- Save $10,000. I have wanted to do this for some time and it seems my money is always going to other things rather than my savings account. I started following Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover last year after feeling totally out of sorts with my finances and while I do not follow the program exactly I do follow the broad outlines of the 7 baby steps. Through the program I was able to completely pay off my credit card last year which had been holding a balance since college. This step isn’t a part of Dave’s program but is something I want to do to feel secure financially what with owning a home now and knowing big upgrades are on the way.
- Wake up earlier. This is something I struggle with every. single. day. I tend to stay up very late as my days start later and end later. Usually I’m not getting into bed until midnight or later and after reading for a little while I’m hopefully asleep by 1am. Naturally, I’m a night owl and tend to stay up late no matter what but with my new routines and schedule I seem to be staying up later and later. My normal workday is 10am to 6pm with about an hour commute each way which has been one of the hardest changes I’ve faced since moving. I rarely get home before 8pm due to traffic, after work gym sessions or late meetings. This puts us eating dinner around 8:30 or 9pm. By the time everything is cleaned up if I went to bed at a normal hour I would go to sleep an hour after dinner. This is simply not doable as little things like laundry, cleaning, the Bachelor (priorities people!), and additional work need my time as well. My goal for 2016 is to be in bed every night by 11:30 and asleep by midnight, I plan to do this by scheduling myself better, avoiding rush hour like the plague and using the morning hours before I leave for work to get some things done like the gym or cleaning/laundry.
- Continue to chip away at our house renovations and to-do list. The to-do list that never ends! We cross two things off, I add five more on. Pretty much the standard for the on-going list we have. While we have definitely made significant progress the past few months, I would like to get to a point where I don’t feel like we have immediate things that need to be done every week and I would love to make some purchases to make things feel more homey in certain parts of the house, aka rugs on our very cold wood floors!
- Continue to build and grow Manor Court Events while maintaining the highest level of client satisfaction and engagement. This year was so amazing and successful for Manor Court. Don’t get me wrong there have been instances of extreme self doubt as well as disappointments but I feel as we head into 2016 we are set up for a great year. I have some exciting things I would like to try this year so stay tuned for some updates in the coming months.
- Write at least one blog post a week but aim for two. The struggle! I seriously love blogging and want to do more of this so I’m saying one post a week but aiming for two! Hopefully one business related post and one lifestyle/personal post every week.
- Travel more. I love traveling and don’t feel like a year is complete without a few trips under my belt. In 2015 we never made it out of the country due to the BF’s job change and limited vacation time but in 2016 we will definitely be leaving the country for awhile. In 2015 i did go to Florida, the Outer Banks, Charleston, and Boone. In 2016 I would love to go to see Europe again (I studied abroad in France in 2008), visit the West Coast, mainly a trip up the coast of California, and potentially go back to NYC (my second favorite city in the world!).
- Drink more water. I will literally sit at my desk for hours and not have a single sip of water or on the flip side I’ll drink three diet cokes. This is bad. I like drinking out of a water bottle more than a cup so I plan on buying one specifically for my desk. No excuses now!!
This is such a random number of resolutions but they are things I have been wanting to work on and I love fresh starts as they are brimming with possibilities! Do you have any resolutions you are going to work on this year? What are your goals for 2016?