HI! I’m Lauren. I am the Owner of Manor Court Events, originally from Charlotte, North Carolina I currently reside in Raleigh, North Carolina.
A little bit about me:
- I am a huge movie fan. You can usually find me at a local theatre catching a indie flick or new blockbuster a few times a month.
- I love my cats Richard and George.
- I love cupcakes, interior design, and the Oxford comma.
- I was born and raised in the suburbs of Charlotte and loved growing up in the South. I have called Raleigh home for that past five years and could not be happier here.
- Reading is a huge hobby of mine and I love public libraries. While buying new hardbacks is another guilty pleasure I love finding great new authors and browsing the shelves at the local library.
- I graduated from East Carolina University in 2010 with a major in Public Relations and Hospitality Management.
- Fried okra is by far my favorite food, if it is on the menu in a restaurant I order it!
- Instagram consumes way too much of my time.
- After studying abroad and exploring many European cities, Paris holds a special place in my heart.
- Brunch is always a good idea.
Many people ask me where the name Manor Court comes from. It is actually part of the street address from the first two apartments I lived in during my time in Raleigh. After graduating college with little to no direction I would daydream about weddings, textiles, and beautiful photography and spent a decent amount of time contemplating my future. After working in event planning and figuring out my true passion for creating beautiful events it only seemed fitting the company be named after the places where it all began.
After working in event planning and figuring out my true passion for creating beautiful events it only seemed fitting the company be named after the places where it all began.
Wedding and event planning are true passions of mine and I was lucky enough to gain experience and knowledge with some great companies.
I started event planning and corporate event sales with a Minor League Baseball team about two years after college and found I was always drawn to the Special Event Coordinators position. I knew after helping plan a large gala that I needed to make a switch out of event sales. Three months later I was lucky enough to come across my current position with an amazing company that gives me not only creative freedom but has allowed me to work with amazing people. On my blog you will see work that I have done through my day job as well as weddings and events that are planned exclusively through Manor Court Events.
When I first moved to Raleigh in 2010 I discovered the joy of blogging. One of the first blogs I read was Young House love and fell instantly in love with the blogging world, interior design (I even contemplated going back to school for it mere months after graduating!), and Pinterest. What I really love about blogging though is the community behind it, you can discover great ideas, share your thoughts on different topics with people who live hours away, and most importantly it is a way to show your creative ventures to the world.
The blog that is attached to my website will feature weddings and couples that I work with, photo shoots that I style and photograph, different events I plan through my day job, and personal lifestyle posts about travel and interior design along with fashion and beauty. I hope you enjoy all the posts as much as I enjoy creating and writing them.